[Qt-creator] #ifdef Linux - code coloring

Daniel Molkentin daniel.molkentin at nokia.com
Mon May 18 14:14:01 CEST 2009

Hi,

ext Liebe Markus (RtP2/TEF72) schrieb:
>> On the screenshot this is Q_WS_WIN, not Q_OS_WIN as requested...
>> Regards,
>> Gilles
>
> On the screenshot I included Q_WS_WIN, Q_OS_WIN  (as mentioned by André) and Q_OS_WIN32 (as mentioned by Eike).
> In the QtDocumentation I found Q_OS_WIN32 as well as Q_WS_WIN.

And the documentation is right.

OS means Operating System Q_OS_UNIX/Q_OS_LINUX vs. Q_WS_WIN
WS means Windowing System Q_WS_X11 vs. Q_WS_WIN

Use Q_WS_* only when you really want to distinguish Windowing
Environents, otherwise, use Q_OS_*.

qglobal.h is the authoritive source, although not all defines in there
are supported by Qt Software. Defines passed to the compiler via QMake
come on top of this, but, as discussed, Creator does not evaluate these.

Cheers,
   Daniel

--
Daniel Molkentin, Software Engineer,