[Qt-creator] mixed debug and release build

Eike Ziller eike.ziller at nokia.com
Mon May 25 13:39:39 CEST 2009

Hi,

On May 25, 2009, at 1:15 PM, ext Matthias Pospiech wrote:

> I have set build configuration to release, but I get a build which is
> using debug and release libaries:
>
> g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import
> -Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -Wl,-s -Wl,-subsystem,console -
> mthreads
> -Wl -o bin\mingw\release\QLaserDynamic.exe
> object_script.QLaserDynamic.Release
> -L"c:\Programme\Qt\SDK\2009.02\qt\lib" -Llib/wwwidgets/mingw/debug
> -lwwwidgets4d -Llib/qwt/mingw/debug -lqwtd5
> -Llib/wwwidgets/mingw/release -lwwwidgets4 -Llib/qwt/mingw/release
> -lqwt5 -lQtGui4 -lQtCore4
>

> you can see that
> wwwidgets4d and wwwidgets4
> qwtd5 and qwt5
>
> are linked, which is not ok.
> this means that both release and debug qt dlls are required.

I'd avoid the use of "debug" and "release" scopes and use
CONFIG(debug, debug|release) and CONFIG(release, debug|release)
instead, like you are doing for the SUFFIX_STR. The problem is that
under some conditions both "debug" and "release" can be defined, the
CONFIG(...) expression sorts out which one is actually used.

Regards, Eike

--
Eike Ziller
Software Engineer