[Qt-creator] Cannot get Subversion support to work

Robert Caldecott robert.caldecott at gmail.com
Tue May 26 09:24:12 CEST 2009

Greetings - first post, please be gentle.

I am using Qt Creator v1.1.1 on Windows XP and I cannot get Subversion
to work at all.  I already use SVN for my projects and have the
CollabNet 1.6.1 client installed (I also have TortoiseSVN and the
AnkhSVN Visual Studio plug-in installed.)

If I create a new project using the Qt Creator wizard in a sub-folder
of a parent that is already under SVN control, I am not prompted to
add the new project to SVN.  The last page of the wizard always has
the 'Add to version control' option greyed out.  The Tools|Subversion
menu is missing *unless* I close the project and then it magically
appears (though none of the options seem to do anything).  As soon as
I open any project, the Tools|Subversion options disappears again.

I have checked that svn.exe is on my PATH, and also pointed Qt Creator
directly to it via Tools|Options|Subversion to no avail.  svn.exe runs
fine from a command-prompt, so I am confident the client side of
things is working.

FWIW my SVN repository was created using VisualSVN Server (1.7.1) and
uses https:// as the transport.

How do I get this working?  Am I missing something obvious here?