[Qt-creator] How to debug Qt Libraries

Rudenko Eugene erule.biz at gmail.com
Sun May 31 21:29:42 CEST 2009

31.05.2009, в 23:06, Andre Poenitz написал(а):

> On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 10:02:21PM +0400, Rudenko Eugene wrote:
>>> Creator currently shows the innermost frame for which debug
>>> information
>>> is available. I don't think that's the worst choice.
>> Yes, but it will be better to have some way to say debugger where
>> to get
>> sources. (I think it's not very hard, via GDB).
>
> If you know how to do it with plain gdb it should be possible to
> make it work from within Creator. There is e.g. the "Gdb startup
> script" settings where you could specify gdb commands that are
> run each time gdb starts up.
I know it, but I think it's better to do one edit Field with File
Dialog for people that do not
have some skills with plain gdb.
It's a simple GDB's command:
directory [dirpath]

>>> Different people use different techniques. Using plain gdb is
>>> certainly
>>> one of them, others include using Qt Creator, "printf-style"
>>> debugging,
>>> or even just "reading the code".
>>
>> Ok, you confirm that someone use QtCreator under Linux for debugging
>> qt-embedded libraries with success and it's possible to do it?
>
> I am not confirming it for _embedded_ Linux, I never tried that.
> I can confirm it only for "desktop" Linux.
> Andre'
I got it worked, I tried to debug in gdb plain mode (i was not easy to
recollect it :-) ) and found that I use gdb in mode which it searches
sources on remote host (with my old special patch). I reinstall gdb to
default instance  and all become work correctly and from QtCreator too.

Andre, thank you a lot for your assistance, and special thanks for
your assistance on holidays :-)
Have a nice development with Qt-Creator!