[Qt-creator] How to debug Qt Libraries

Andre Poenitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun May 31 21:06:32 CEST 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 10:02:21PM +0400, Rudenko Eugene wrote:
>> Creator currently shows the innermost frame for which debug
>> information
>> is available. I don't think that's the worst choice.
> Yes, but it will be better to have some way to say debugger where to get
> sources. (I think it's not very hard, via GDB).

If you know how to do it with plain gdb it should be possible to
make it work from within Creator. There is e.g. the "Gdb startup
script" settings where you could specify gdb commands that are
run each time gdb starts up.

>>> Also it's Interesting how the guys from qtsoftware (former trolls)
>>> debug this libraries? from gdb directly?
>>
>> Different people use different techniques. Using plain gdb is certainly
>> one of them, others include using Qt Creator, "printf-style"  debugging,
>> or even just "reading the code".
>
> Ok, you confirm that someone use QtCreator under Linux for debugging
> qt-embedded libraries with success and it's possible to do it?

I am not confirming it for _embedded_ Linux, I never tried that.
I can confirm it only for "desktop" Linux.

Andre'