[Qt-creator] Plugin MIME types

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Wed Dec 7 14:48:08 CET 2011

07.12.2011, 17:38, leandro.melo at nokia.com:
> Hi...
>
>>  Is it more preferable to create new custom MIME types for Qt Creator plugin as "application/vnd..." than "application/x-..." or "text/x-..."?
>
> From a technical point of view this wouldn't matter much for Creator, so I guess it depends on what exactly is the use of the file. If it's something open that will somehow be "consumed" by your plugin, the x- subtype is probably a good idea since it's the recommendation for non-standard formats. The vnd subtype is typically for proprietary stuff.

In my case it's build system project file. Looking at plugins in main tree, I've found that QMake project is declared as "application/vnd..." and CMake project as "text/x-cmake". Also it seems like IETF is deprecating "x-" [1], so I'm in doubt.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-xdash-02

--
Regards,
Konstantin