[Qt-creator] QtCreator and Kaspersky AntiVirus

Diego Iastrubni diegoiast at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 09:13:35 CET 2011

Hi all,

I just started porting my app from Qt/Linux/gcc to Qt/win32/cl and found
some problems, and I provide some solutions:

   1. QtCreator redirects input from qmake (and then jom). This wake ups
   Kaspersky which marks it as a a trojan. Solution is simple: add QtCreator,
   qmake and jom into the white list.
   2. I am compiling using cl.exe, which in turn needs to call
   vcvars32.bat. Again, a similar problem: QtCreator creates a random batch
   file which calls that batch file (and does some redirection).
   The redirection is what triggers Kaspersky and I cannot overcome this as
   the batch will contains a random file name.

The solution to (2) was to shut down the AntiVirus. Does anyone else have a
better experience with this AV? or a better work around?

- diego