[Qt-creator] Deploying files to shadow build dir

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Fri Nov 18 16:54:57 CET 2011

A pretty basic question:

How does one deploy a file to shadow build directory?

The QML wizard generates the following type of lines in .pro

# Add more folders to ship with the application, here
folder_01.source = qml/flicktest
folder_01.target = qml
DEPLOYMENTFOLDERS = folder_01

And I can add my own folders there to be deployed, those also seem to go
to shadow build directory, as well as the eventual package.

But if I have just a single file in my source directory, say README.txt
that I'd like to deploy next
to the executable, how do I achieve that?

I suppose I can move it to directory of its own, like misc/README.txt

misc.source = misc
misc.target  = .

but that feels a bit kludgy...

/harri