[Qt-creator] Android plugin and Qt Creator development

Daniel Teske daniel.teske at nokia.com
Mon Apr 30 16:47:51 CEST 2012

Hi,

as you might have heard, a few days ago most of the android plugin was merged
to Qt Creator master. There's still a change outstanding [1], but there were
also some hacks in the android plugin code that aren't merged to the master
branch.

I'd like to start a discussion on how to develop the plugin in the future,
which prevents unneeded divergence between the code in Qt Creator master and
the code in the Necessitas repositories.

Before we can discuss that properly, we need to know though, if and how many
changes the Necessitas Qt Creator needs on top of Qt Creator master. As I
recall we dropped a few things while reviewing because they looked too hacky
for master.

Also we probably need to have some idea how often the Necessitas SDK is going
to be released and whether you prefer to base your releases on master or
release branches, e.g. 2.6.

I think the goal should be move the development of the Necessitas Qt Creator
onto gerrit.

As to the Bug tracker and mailing lists, I would propose that nothing changes.
There's still some confusion about the mailing lists and bug trackers for
Necessitas from the last move, as such adding another bug tracker or a
mailinglist would do no good at the moment. (Especially with only the Creator
part being moved.)

Nevertheless any bugs that are reported against the android plugin in
bugreports.qt-project.org will be handled.

daniel

[1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,21980