[Qt-creator] Android plugin and Qt Creator development

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 19:21:32 CEST 2012

Hi Daniel,

> Hi,

> as you might have heard, a few days ago most of the android plugin was merged
> to Qt Creator master. There's still a change outstanding [1], but there were
>
> also some hacks in the android plugin code that aren't merged to the master
> branch.

I didn't had time to announce the good news :) !

> I'd like to start a discussion on how to develop the plugin in the future,
> which prevents unneeded divergence between the code in Qt Creator master and
> the code in the Necessitas repositories.
>
> Before we can discuss that properly, we need to know though, if and how many
> changes the Necessitas Qt Creator needs on top of Qt Creator master. As I
> recall we dropped a few things while reviewing because they looked too hacky
> for master.

I hope Necessitas Qt Creator and Qt Creator (2.6, 2.7 ... master) will be same,
at least this is our goal.

> Also we probably need to have some idea how often the Necessitas SDK is going
> to be released and whether you prefer to base your releases on master or
> release branches, e.g. 2.6.

We'll prefer to use release branches, even more we'll prefer to use the same SDK repos,
and to add only android bits as a 3rd party repository, this way the users can use
the same QtCreator/SDK Installer to install Meego, Symbian, etc. and Android !
It will also great because we don't have to build the whole SDK :)
Of course we have some patches which must go to SDK installer as well.

> I think the goal should be move the development of the Necessitas Qt Creator
> onto gerrit.

I don't see too many changes to Necessitas Qt Creator, so I'm ok to do the
development on gerrit.

> As to the Bug tracker and mailing lists, I would propose that nothing changes.
> There's still some confusion about the mailing lists and bug trackers for
> Necessitas from the last move, as such adding another bug tracker or a
> mailinglist would do no good at the moment. (Especially with only the Creator
> part being moved.)
>
> Nevertheless any bugs that are reported against the android plugin in
> bugreports.qt-project.org will be handled.
>
> daniel
>
> [1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,21980

I'll update the patch tomorrow.

Thanks ,