[Qt-creator] LLDB support

andre.poenitz at nokia.com andre.poenitz at nokia.com
Wed Aug 22 09:32:55 CEST 2012

Michael Seydl wrote:
> Just wanted to know if LLDB support is still on the radar. Is anyone actively working on this?

It is on the radar, but nobody is actively working on it.

I compile (or try to compile) LLDB it every two or three months on Linux.
Last time it went well, but I got immediate crashes when attempting to do
anything with it (that was "standalone", outside Creator).

I understand that LLDB is primarily targeted at (or, rather, its current developers
are primarily targeting) Mac and it works better there, but replacing GDB by
LLDB _on Mac only_ does not sound like a big advantage from a Qt Creator
point of view (not to mention that someone would have to do the work).

Andre'