[Qt-creator] LLDB support

Michael Seydl michael.seydl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 09:42:31 CEST 2012

 I'd like to take it on because the gdb helpers often go bonkers when inspecting more complex data structures. Guess that's more due to limitation on the aged gdb and it's gdb/mi. As there are two ways to integrate lldb my question to you is which one you prefer.

1. Integrating the lldb api (LLDB.frame). (Which is obviously an IPC engine and code for that already exists. Unfortunately the host/guest ipc code is quite outdated. At least in the master branch)
2. Integrating the python interface. (just like the current gdbengine does right now). Hey, maybe I could even reuse some of the scripts there.

Whaddaya say?

greetz,
mike

p.s.: I already got the 2. version as far as launching the executable and halting at a break point :)