[Qt-creator] gcc warnings

Duane duane.hebert at group-upc.com
Fri Feb 3 19:54:13 CET 2012

On 02/03/2012 01:30 PM, André Pönitz wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 08:47:37AM -0500, Duane wrote:
>> On 02/03/2012 07:07 AM, miguel tostes wrote:
>>> Use -v to check if it reached gcc...
>>>
>>> QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -v
>>>
>>> Because "-Wno-reorder" is a valid cmdline option for gcc.
>> Couple of things.  It didn't seem to work when added to the .pro file.
>> I added it to the make arguments section in the build/run config from
>> QtCreator.  At first it didn't work either but then I changed the arg to
>> -wno-reorder and it works as expected.  Lower case w.
> I am afraid none of this makes sense. The option _is_ called
> -Wno-reorder, with a capital 'W'. -w alone switches off _all_
> warnings.
>
> If it doesn't work with QMAKE_CXXFLAGS in the .pro file, there must be
> another reason, like being overridden but other options (-Wall?) later.
> Do you have 'warn_on' in CONFIG?

Hello Andre.  No I was mistaken.  the lower case didn't work at all.  It
was blocking the build and I thought that it blocked the errors.

I'm not sure what you mean by having warn on in CONFIG.  I've installed
the SDK with whatever the defaults were for the most part. I don't have
-Wall set in the .pro file.

But if I add this line to the .pro file:
QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_WARN_ON += "-Wno-reorder"

this works.  It doesn't work setting QMAKE_CXXFLAGS though.