[Qt-creator] Qt Creator and CMake

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 10:05:09 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 12:23 AM, Daniel Teske <daniel.teske at nokia.com> wrote:
> On Monday 13 Feb 2012 14:10:23 you wrote:

>> >  Well, I'd like to have qt creator not depend on having the cmake sources
>> >  available. That's not unsolveable.
>>
>> Sorry, I've read this sentence but couldn't understand if you were opposed
>> to using of CMakeLib in Qt Creator or not.
>
> It just states that Creator should not depend on cmake sources being
> available. There are multiple ways to accomplish that even if the cmake plugin
> needs CMakeLib.
>
> daniel

Im not sure what there is to be gained here.

CMake is a language - it executes, and poops out a project file.

As a qtcreator/cmake user Im happy for qtcreator not to be *smart*
about cmake, infact I'd prefer it be kept that way.

All qtcreator needs to do is load that project file correctly, which,
I should add - it currently does not do (it misses includes and
defines from CMake), IMHO this should be first priority to get
working.

--
- Campbell