[Qt-creator] Qt Creator and CMake

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Thu Feb 16 01:06:21 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Im not sure what there is to be gained here.

Adding/removing files directly from Qt Creator (yes, that is important for
many developers), creating modules ("finders") directly in Qt Creator,
integration with the simulators, cross-compilation chains, etc I'd say
there is a lot to be gained.

CMake is a language - it executes, and poops out a project file.

As a qtcreator/cmake user Im happy for qtcreator not to be *smart*
> about cmake, infact I'd prefer it be kept that way.
>
> All qtcreator needs to do is load that project file correctly, which,
> I should add - it currently does not do (it misses includes and
> defines from CMake), IMHO this should be first priority to get
> working.

Avoiding the project generation altogether would be even better.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org