[Qt-creator] Where does Creator pick up it code completions?

Flex Ferrum flexferrum at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:19:03 CET 2012

Hi, Danny.

2012/2/15 Danny Price <deepblue842 at googlemail.com>:
> Hey guys,
>
> Creator's code completion has always been first class but recently I've been
> having some issues with it.
>
> I installed GCC 4.6.0 to make use of the new C++11 features and boost 4.8.
>
> Creator's editor doesn't understand the new syntax like the new range
> iterators but I can live with that as the code compiles.
>
> However it fails to offer completions for things like std::shared_ptr or
> std::unordered_map even though the headers are included and the code
> compiles. Yet similar constructs in boost, like boost::shared_ptr get
> resolved.

QtC can't work with STL from GCC 4.6 due to limitation within built-in
c++ preprocessor. Definition of macros '_GLIBCXX_BEGIN_NAMESPACE'
which is used to define 'std' namespace is too complicated for QtC
built-in preprocessor. I have ad-hoc solution for this issue but this
problem requires more common solution, I think.

With best regards,
Flex Ferrum.