[Qt-creator] Dev: IFile to IDocument renaming

Nicolas Arnaud-Cormos nicolas.arnaud-cormos at kdab.com
Wed Feb 15 18:39:08 CET 2012

On Wednesday 15 February 2012 06:39:23 eike.ziller at nokia.com wrote:
> Hi all devs!
>
> Because I've been saying "imagine a IFile more to be a document instead of
> a file" too often now, I want to take the consequential step and rename
> IFile to IDocument. This will of course affect a few other APIs as well,
> e.g. FileManager to DocumentManager with many method name changes,
> IEditor::file() to IEditor::document(), and IFile::isReadOnly() to
> IDocument::isFileReadOnly(), just to name a few.
>
> You find the preliminary change here:
> http://codereview.qt-project.org/16331 I'd like to push this change on
> coming monday, 20.2.

Hi Eike,

Thanks for letting us know, I didn't look at the reivew but it's changing a
lot of files indeed.
Maye my english is not as good as I would like, but what's the difference
between a file and a document (in QtC context).

Thank you,
Nicolas

--
Nicolas Arnaud-Cormos | nicolas.arnaud-cormos at kdab.com | Senior Software