[Qt-creator] pause debugger on assert?

Orgad and Raizel Shaneh orgads at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 22:02:46 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 10:48 PM, Liam Staskawicz <lstask at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm developing a Makefile based non-Qt C++ project on Windows with mingw
> and Qt Creator 2.4.1 at the moment, and just about everything is working
> splendidly - thanks! 2 minor issues I'm having:
>
> - when I'm debugging (with GDB), the debugger does not pause when an
> assert() is triggered, and instead exits without giving me a chance to
> examine the stack, etc. Is this expected behavior? Is there a recommended
> way to configure the debugger to pause on assert?
>
> - when debugging, stdout gets routed to the debug console (mixed with the
> other debug output) instead of to the 'Application Output' tab as it does
> when run normally. Is it possible to configure the debugger to send stdout
> to the Application Output console?
>
> Thanks!
> Liam

> Hi,

The first issue was resolved in master, see
http://codereview.qt-project.org/13171.

Regarding stdout, is this a console application? First, add CONFIG +=
console to your pro file (assuming you're using qmake), then click Projects
on the side bar, Run Settings tab and check 'Run in terminal'.

- Orgad