[Qt-creator] [Development] QNX/Blackberry Support (Qt and Qt Creator)

a.grandi at gmail.com a.grandi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 02:23:24 CET 2012

Hi,

On 28 February 2012 02:18, Nicolas Arnaud-Cormos
<nicolas.arnaud-cormos at kdab.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> You may have seen some activity around the QNX support in Qt lately, with
> reviews for a QPA plugin in Qt 4.8, a QPA plugin in Qt 5 and also a Qt Creator
> plugin to allow cross-compilation, debugging and deployement on blackberry
> devices.
>
> As there were understandable fears about the maintainance, I would like to say
> that KDAB will continue to work closely with RIM to ensure that the Qt support
> and tooling for Qt on Playbook, future blackberry devices and QNX in general
> is as good as it can be.
> We are doing our best to make it a first class citizen in Qt.

this is a very great news! I'm interested in this porting because I
think it can open lot of possibilities for developers.
Just a question: who is taking care of porting QtMultimediaKit or
Phonon to qt-qnx? Actually neither of them are available and I really
would like to have at least one of two.

> If you are interested, you can find us in #qt-labs or #qt-creator, and even
> better most of the kdabians working on the project are reachable on #qt-qnx.

I'm Andy80 on IRC/Freenode, what's your nicknme?

Regards,

--
Andrea Grandi - Nokia Qt Ambassador
Ubuntu Member: https://launchpad.net/~andreagrandi