[Qt-creator] Disabling bits of version control functionality

eike.ziller at nokia.com eike.ziller at nokia.com
Wed Feb 29 15:54:28 CET 2012

On 29 Feb 2012, at 15:45, ext Peter Pearson wrote:

> On 29/02/12 14:35, eike.ziller at nokia.com wrote:
>>
>> On 29 Feb 2012, at 15:01, ext Peter Pearson wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Using Qt Creator 2.4, is there any way to disable any of the version
>>> control functionality?
>>>
>>> Specifically, when creating new source files or classes, Qt Creator
>>> always by default specifies to add it to source control, which I never
>>> want - I have to select "None" each time I add a file.
>>>
>>> Similarly, whenever I remove (and delete) files from Qt Creator in the
>>> Projects Tree view, even if the file isn't under source control, Qt
>>> Creator asks me if I want to remove the file from the version control
>>> system.
>>>
>>> Is there any way currently to disable both of these things?
>>
>> You can disable all version control plugins through turning off all items in Help>  About Plugins>  Version Control (and restart).
>> That won't remove the source control UI from the wizards, but it can only default to None then ;)
>> (though Qt Creator should probably remember your choice there too)
>
> But then I lose the stuff like Annotate and Diff which I *do* find useful I guess?

Ok, I was assuming that your project is not under source control, since you say that files that you remove from the project tree are not.
Qt Creator "optimizes" all checks if a file is under version control to the question if it is in a directory that has version control, afaik.

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori