[Qt-creator] Getting Qt Creator ready for Qt 5

erik.verbruggen at nokia.com erik.verbruggen at nokia.com
Wed Jan 25 16:10:00 CET 2012

Hello all,

With Qt 5 well under way, we would like to make Qt Creator ready to be compiled against it. The major hurdle here is to get the includes right in such a way that Qt Creator can be compiled against both Qt 4 and Qt 5. For this, we will use the fixqt4headers.pl script, which is part of Qt5, to strip all module names from the includes.

So, the proposal is to:
 - do one (big) commit which touches almost all source files
 - change the coding guidelines to say that Qt headers have to be included without module name
 - manually fix all remaining compilation problems against Qt 5

Opinions/feedback are welcome. If there is none, or if we have violent agreement, we will give a heads-up on when we will do the change.

Regards,
Erik.
--
Erik Verbruggen
Product manager Qt Creator

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori