[Qt-creator] Create target path for remote device

Duane Hebert duane.hebert at group-upc.com
Wed Jan 25 16:35:09 CET 2012

Fresh install of Qt Creator/ SDK on Fedora 9.

I'm trying to build a project to be deployed and subsequently debugged on
another linux box.

I have the device defined and can test the connection.  I'm stuck at the run
configuration where there is a listbox with local file  path and remote
directory.

I don't see how to add paths to the remote directory.

In the help, it shows selecting "Create Tarball and Deploy to Linux Host" as
the type of deployment.  I don't see that but I do see the Remote Linux
Connection there and when I select that one, I can choose the device that I
created.  There are also a couple of buttons on the right of the file list
box for adding files.  I don't see these.

I'm creating a QtWidget project as a QtApplication .  It builds and runs as
long as I don't set it up to deploy.