[Qt-creator] code style politic question

Luc Vlaming mail at lucvlaming.com
Mon Jul 9 07:41:53 CEST 2012

Hi,

could anyone point me in the right direction with respect to how to build
the qtcreator tests? i spent some time to understand all code last weekend
related to the formatting and i think i understand it now...
however, i cannot get to build the tests... or maybe i simply looked over
them. i know the source files for the test i want to build are located
in tests/auto/cplusplus/typeprettyprinter/
however when i run qmake tests/auto/cplusplus/typeprettyprinter/
cplusplus.pro it seems to require other .pro files, which is also true for
any of the .pro files in higher directories (except for the global
qtcreator.pro file)
i also tried running qmake with something like "CONFIG+=TEST" or "TEST=1"
since it seemed somehow this should do something but i couldn't get it to
work...
with all the options etc in the end qmake didn't generate any (buildable)
target (got a list using tab completion) that was named *cplusplus* or
test-*...

i also had a look @ http://qt-project.org/contribute and here
http://wiki.qt-project.org/Main_Page and
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building-Qt-Creator-Packages but there is not
really a page telling how to start the tests...

so my question then is: how do i build these tests?

thanks for the help, and hopefully i will be able to do more in the next
weekend i've got some spare time ;)

regards,
luc