[Qt-creator] Creator doesn't like my local Qt 5 build?

Lincoln Ramsay lincoln.ramsay at nokia.com
Tue Jul 10 02:10:40 CEST 2012

Hi Creator peoples,

I have a "typical" developer build of Qt 5 (shadow build,
-developer-build) that I've been using with Creator 2.5.0 (public
release) for a few weeks.

The thing is, Creator doesn't seem to like it very much. It complains
that it cannot find headers from the QtCore library (though if I look at
where qmake -query says the headers should be, they are there). Things
like F1 just don't work for pretty much any class even though I built
the docs.

One consequence of the modularization is that headers for modules that
aren't part of qtbase don't go into qtbase/include so I would understand
if Creator can't find them (though, how do I get Creator to find them in
that case?).

Are there any hints on how to setup a Qt 5 install that Creator will use
happily?

--
Lincoln Ramsay - Senior Software Engineer
Qt Development Frameworks, Nokia - http://qt.nokia.com/