[Qt-creator] Occasional missing doc message with Qt Creator 2.5

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Fri Jun 1 13:18:49 CEST 2012

On 06/01/2012 11:39 AM, eike.ziller at nokia.com wrote:
> On 1 Jun 2012, at 11:07, ext Harri Pasanen wrote:
>
>>  From time to time I get Error 404 from Qt Creator Offline Help
>>
>> The page could not be found
>>
>> 'qthelp://com.trolltech.qt.481/doc//qdoc/qml-pathview-members.html'
>>
>> This time it was when clicking on "List of all members, including
>> inherited members" link at the top of QML PathView Element.
>>

>> The doc//qdoc part in the url looks suspect.
> I don't think that the double-slash "//" should be a problem, Urls usually handle that fine. Does it work if you start Assistant from your Qt 4.8.1 installation? (There you can also use a address line to type in anything you want, so you could try how that behaves, it uses the same backend as Qt Creator.)

I ran the assistant from

/home/harri/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/4.8.0/gcc/bin/assistant

and after adding ~/QtSDK/Documentation/qt.qch to it through
Edit/Preferences/Documentation  I can look up QML PathView.

It does not show "List of all members, including inherited members" for
PathView either, but fails silently.

If I go online to:

http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/4.8/qml-pathview.html

there the link works.