[Qt-creator] Highlight and filter application output

Orgad and Raizel Shaneh orgads at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 08:29:06 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 11:52 PM, Markus Hossner <markushossner at gmx.de>wrote:

> Am 03.03.12 22:01, schrieb Orgad and Raizel Shaneh:
> > IMHO, the Mark feature is better integrated in existing Find (like is
> > done in the main editor).
>
> You mean using the editor search dialog for searching within the
> Application Output pane too?

Click inside a pane then press Ctrl+F. That searches in that pane. The mark
feature can be integrated with this find (like search in the main editor
that highlights all occurences).

> The Filter is very useful. Would it work with other panes (e.g. Search)?
>
> IMHO the filter can be useful for all panes Issues, Search Results, ....
>
> Unfortunately I see no possibility to add the mark and filter feature
> using the plugin mechanism cause the existing output panes have to be
> changed to allow these features.

Not everything has to be a plug-in. These features are likely to be
accepted as part of the existing code.

Just upload it to gerrit and get it reviewed.

Thanks for the effort!

- Orgad