[Qt-creator] Qt Creator & Qt5 alpha release?

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Wed Mar 14 21:13:53 CET 2012

On 03/13/2012 03:58 PM, ext André Pönitz wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 02:36:20PM +0000, quim.gil at nokia.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ziller Eike wrote:
>>> we plan to release the Qt Creator 2.5 beta this week.
>>> http://wiki.qt-project.org/Qt_Creator/Releases
>>
>> Ok, understood. Thanks!
>>
>> Do you think we will know before March 20 whether this Qt Creator 2.5
>> release does build in Qt 5 alpha?
>
> This depends a bit on what is in Qt 5 at that time. Currently there are
> still major changes going on there, with a tendency to break compilation.

Qt 5 Alpha tarballs have been released for testing:
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/releasing/2012-March/000030.html

Can someone give it a shot? Thank you!

> Maybe someone volunteers to fix that _before_ application developers
> are "pushed to get their hands dirty" ;-}

fwiw the main oushed is / will be done through the QtonPi project, see
http://wiki.qt-project.org/QtonPi/Create#QtonPi_App_SDK

They have some damage control process in place, I believe.

--
Quim