[Qt-creator] Qt Creator and CMake

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Tue Mar 27 22:03:32 CEST 2012

13.02.2012, 16:13, "Daniel Teske" <daniel.teske at nokia.com>:
> On Monday 13 Feb 2012 11:21:55 ext Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
>
>>  Hi Qt Creator developers,
>>
>>  From organizational point of view, if one contributes to Qt Creator
>>  alternative version of CMake build system plugin with better integration
>>  quality but at a price of static linking to CMakeLib (increasing binary size
>>  on ~7 Mb), will it have a chance to be accepted into mainline?
>
> Well, I'd like to have qt creator not depend on having the cmake sources
> available. That's not unsolveable.
>
> If those 7 MB are for a release build, then yes that would be a problem, as
> that is more then double the size of the biggest plugin now.

Hi Daniel,

I have working CMakeLib-based fork of CMakeProjectManager. Total size of
plugin with statically linked CMakeLib is 3.5 M (on Linux).

It runs CMake's configure function in a background thread with nice progress bar
(like with QMake) and provides some other benefits as compared with original
plugin:
* Defines
* No intermediate Code::Blocks project is generated
* Direct access to cache variables through CMake API instead of manual cache file
parsing in old plugin
* CMake re-parsing runs in background thread (with progress bar) and
doesn't block GUI
* (planned) cmake-gui style cache variable configuration on project settings page

So, what can you propose to overcome dependency on CMake sources?

--
Regards,
Konstantin