[Qt-creator] Building qtcreator from git with debug symbols and without optimizations

Martin Olsson mnemo at minimum.se
Thu Mar 29 23:55:14 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have found a reproducible crash bug in qtcreator and to file a good
bug report I would like to see if the bug is available in the git
master version and also obtain a stacktrace with symbols/variable
present. For this reason I would like some help building qtcreator
from git with debug symbols and without optimizations (i.e. -g3 -O0).

QUESTION #1: Is it best to create a special "build" directory outside
of the qt-creator git source tree or can I just run qmake inside the
git source tree directly?

QUESTION #2: Exactly which parameters should I pass to qmake and make
to create a debug build with no optimizations?

I've tried for example:
git clean -dxf ; qmake -r -after CONFIG+=debug ; make -j4

...but this still passes -O2 (even though -g seems to be added).

		Martin