[Qt-creator] Building qtcreator from git with debug symbols and without optimizations

Lincoln Ramsay lincoln.ramsay at nokia.com
Fri Mar 30 02:40:22 CEST 2012

On 03/30/2012 07:55 AM, ext Martin Olsson wrote:
> QUESTION #1: Is it best to create a special "build" directory outside
> of the qt-creator git source tree or can I just run qmake inside the
> git source tree directly?

Either is fine. If you want 2 builds at the same time (release and
debug) then you'll need to build outside the source tree. If you build
in the tree, you have to clean out the build before you do another one.

> QUESTION #2: Exactly which parameters should I pass to qmake and make
> to create a debug build with no optimizations?
>
> I've tried for example:
> git clean -dxf ; qmake -r -after CONFIG+=debug ; make -j4
>
> ...but this still passes -O2 (even though -g seems to be added).

At a guess... you could try CONFIG-=release and CONFIG-=debug_and_release.

If something is being modified late (like say, default_post.prf) then
-after won't be enough and you'll need a hack like this.

cat >force_flags.prf <<END
CONFIG-=release
CONFIG-=debug_and_release
CONFIG+=debug
END
QMAKEFEATURES=$PWD qmake -r CONFIG+=force_flags

--
Lincoln Ramsay - Senior Software Engineer
Qt Development Frameworks, Nokia - http://qt.nokia.com/