[Qt-creator] indent preprocessor directives

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat May 5 18:17:02 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 08:07:37PM -0700, Jonathan S. Shapiro wrote:
> Many preprocessors will not accept the input you propose. The
> directive can be indented, but many (perhaps most) preprocessors still
> expect the '#' to appear in column 1.

[Actually I haven't seen a preprocessor complaining about # not
being in column 1 for a while. I admit I also avoid it, but forgot
the reason why. Anywways, the Standard quote settles the matter.]

Shifting the # to column 1 when the user explicitly put it somewhere
else violates the "Creator should not get in the way" principle. Just
removing the feature seems the right thing to do here.

Andre'