[Qt-creator] Target refactoring update

tobias.hunger at nokia.com tobias.hunger at nokia.com
Fri May 11 17:29:14 CEST 2012

Hello everybody!

I just wanted to provide a short update on the target refactoring I am doing. Please
check http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/qt-creator/2012-April/000610.html for the
announcement of this work here on the mailing list.

* The code has its own branch on gerrit now (wip/profile).
* I am now using this branch for my daily work. It is still having lots of small issues though,
  but works fine for the normal load, build, debug cycle on Linux.
* All the settings xml files were moved into the qtcreator subfolder in Nokia. Since
  the files are incompatible anyway and will need some processing we can also move
  them without further troubling the user.
* Daniel is currently reviewing the whole thing. I admire his concentration!

Next steps:
* Open projects without losing all their configuration.
* See what we can do wrt. reading old qtversions.xml and toolchains.xml.
* Lots of small fixes all over the place.

Long term:
* Remove all target classes as well as all target factories.
* Make the Build-/Deploy-/RunConfigurations more reusable to e.g. be able to recycle
  the deployment code from Qt4ProjectManager for other build systems.

Please consider to spend some time testing the branch. The android plugin will need
special care since I do not even have a development environment/device to test that
plugin with! *hint, hint*

Best Regards,
Tobias

Tobias Hunger
Software Engineer
Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori