[Qt-creator] Detecting different build configurations in the .pro file

Duane duane.hebert at group-upc.com
Mon May 14 17:31:20 CEST 2012

On 05/14/2012 11:09 AM, Orgad and Raizel Shaneh wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Duane Hebert
> <duane.hebert at group-upc.com <mailto:duane.hebert at group-upc.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 05/14/2012 10:46 AM, Orgad and Raizel Shaneh wrote:
>
>         qmake CONFIG+=useFoo
>

>     If I go to Build Steps and add this argument to additional
>     arguments, testing for it in the .pro file succeeds.  But if I
>     switch my build to the other one, the added argument stays.  It
>     would be good if the build configuration would be able to load
>     different configurations.
>

> What version of Qt Creator are you using? How did you configure build
> configurations? Did you press Add -> Clone?
>
> Please reply to all.

QtCreator 2.4.1.
Not sure what you mean by the second question.  Installed Qt 4.8.1 for
Linux from the udpate tool.  It showed up as an option under Qt Versions.

Downloaded complete source for 4.8.1 from the web page and built a frame
buffer version using specific configure args and used make and make
install to put it into the desktop folder.  Went to the tools:option
menu, Qt versions tab, chose add, and pointed to the qmake.exe that I
installed.  Then it showed up in Build Settings as another qt version.

When I switch the Qt versions, it normally changes the list of build
configurations that I can choose.  And the tool tip on the combo box
shows that it's using the correct build.  Also, deploying and running
the application works.

There have been a few times when switching builds seems to mess up the
build configurations.  I know that I've lost a debug build, for example
and chosen the release configuration for that build and cloned and
modified it to get back my debug build.  Is this an issue?