[Qt-creator] Status of Python-enable debugging on OS X?

Stephen Chu stephen at ju-ju.com
Fri May 18 14:50:46 CEST 2012

Is there any news on bringing python-enabled gdb to OS X? How about lldb?

I know Apple provided gdb is not and will never be Python-enabled. I
find the guide on installing a patched version of fsfgdb 7.2 and it
seems to work with the default toolchain. Will this make it into the
release?

I also tried the patched gdb with MacPorts gcc 4.7 and it doesn't work.
Many of the variables are not listed and the few that do are marked as
optimized out or something similar.

My number 1 issue with current gdb is it doesn't show the contents of
standard library containers, even with helpers/dumpers.
std::vector<string> doesn't even show how many items are in it. I am
hoping a python-enabled debugger will fix this.