[Qt-creator] Some thoughts about 2.5

Geronimo Ma. Hernandez geronimo013 at gmx.com
Mon May 28 11:07:03 CEST 2012

On Monday 28 May 2012 - 00:05:33, Sascha Cunz wrote:
> On Sunday, 27. May 2012 22:08:18 I wrote:
> > Actually, QtCreator shows a clickable symbol near the changed definition
> > / declaration; if you click it (or hit alt-enter), QtCreator refactors
> > the counter part, BUT source navigation opens the destination file and
> > jumps the cursor there.
>
> I just rechecked this. If you hit alt-enter and select "Apply function
> signature changes", QtCreator 2.5 *indeed does* silently change the
> signature without switching to the source file.
> OTOH, if you click onto the light bulb, it *does* jump to the signature.
>
> Is this different behaviour desired?

No, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Could it be, that this behavior depends on some configuration settings?
I tried both and there's no difference between Alt-enter and hitting the light-
bulb - *both* switch the source-file of the active editor window(part).

Ok, may be I have to clarify what I mean with window:

I have one instance of QtCreator open, which means one window from sight of
desktop window manager (kde). In QtCreator I used "split" and "split side by
side" several times, so I got 4 window-parts each showing a different source
file. Well, I like having the declaration aside the source file and both two
times.

No matter, whether I start refactoring from header or from source and no
matter either, whether I hit Alt-Enter or click on the light bulb, the source
from the active editor changes (although the other source is already opened in
another editor part).

kind regards

Gero