[Qt-creator] Feedback to 2.5

Geronimo Ma. Hernandez geronimo013 at gmx.com
Tue May 29 05:40:49 CEST 2012

On Montag 28 Mai 2012, André Pönitz wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 06:01:33PM +0200, Geronimo Ma. Hernandez wrote:
> > - changing hot-keys does not work: I tried to change "follow symbol
> > under cursor" to F3 (the key used by eclipse). The key appears in
> > context menu, but nothing happens hitting F3.
>
> Works here. Note that <F3> is typically taken by "Find Next".

So what steps are necessary to make it work?

Is an active search a different IDE status, that uses the same key for different
function, or should each key setting be unique?

What do I have to do to make it work?
Should it suffice to assign the new key, or do I have to search for other
assignments and remove that?

How can I find out, why my key-settings wont work?
Does the key-handling depend on external dependencies?

> Is the problem that the new function declaration is added on a
> new line instead of lumping it together on a line with other
> declarations?

Yep - I think the newline before visibility belongs to visibility and not to
the the last prototype. Or treat it like separators for visibility. No matter,
whether prototypes are lumped or separated.

Don't know - does QtCreator maintain the syntax-tree for each class in memory?

kind regards

Gero