[Qt-creator] Feedback to 2.5

eike.ziller at nokia.com eike.ziller at nokia.com
Tue May 29 12:25:19 CEST 2012

On 29 May 2012, at 05:40, ext Geronimo Ma. Hernandez wrote:

> On Montag 28 Mai 2012, André Pönitz wrote:
>> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 06:01:33PM +0200, Geronimo Ma. Hernandez wrote:
>>> - changing hot-keys does not work: I tried to change "follow symbol
>>> under cursor" to F3 (the key used by eclipse). The key appears in
>>> context menu, but nothing happens hitting F3.
>>
>> Works here. Note that <F3> is typically taken by "Find Next".
>
> So what steps are necessary to make it work?

Whenever you change a shortcut and it turns red it's possible it won't work because of a conflict.
(Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how it could be possible to catch the resulting shortcut conflict when the user then actually tries to use the shortcut. If someone has an idea -> tell me ;) )
Look which other action takes that shortcut and check if you'd want to change that too. You can use the "Filter" box also for shortcuts, e.g. typing "F3" there shows you actions that use (any combination of) F3.

> Does the key-handling depend on external dependencies?

It depends on Qt, so sort of internal-external...

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori