[Qt-creator] Some thoughts about 2.5

Orgad and Raizel Shaneh orgads at gmail.com
Thu May 31 19:37:43 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Jonathan S. Shapiro <shap at eros-os.org>wrote:

> Personally, I believe that QMake is too simple for large-scale and/or
> complex projects involving many libraries and/or many binaries. The QMake
> CONFIG concept is overloaded in an unfortunate way, and the ability to
> specify multiple targets in a single QMakefile (possibly compiled with
> different options) is weak. I think that this can (and should) be resolved
> by a successor to QMake.
>
> In that successor, I see no reason why the user should not be allowed to
> specify compile-specific and link-specific options, perhaps even on a
> per-platform basis.
>
> But I *definitely* agree that this is beyond the scope of QMake, and
> probably CMake.

Sure you can specify compiler flags for qmake! There is
QMAKE_CXXFLAGS<http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qmake-variable-reference.html#qmake-cxxflags>et
al for that.

Configuring a file-specific flags is way more complex, the most simple
solution I found was using separate pro files with subdirs template.

- Orgad