[Qt-creator] Kit-Device relation

Typz thetypz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 13:29:59 CET 2012

+1

Another aspect of this issue is that it is not possible to specify the
server when initiating 'remote debug' (through the "Attach to remote debug
server..." action).
The only possibility is to create a kit for this purpose only, which is not
appropriate IMHO. Especially for embedded projects, i usually connect to
systems which do not have SSH, so I cannot even setup a generic target: the
solution with earlier versions was to manually attach to remote gdb server,
but this is not working anymore with 2.6.

While i generally agree with the kit approach to associate a device (or
possibly kind of device) to a build configuration, i don't think the same
approach should be used when starting the debugger in a non-standard way.
In that case, we should have more flexibility, like in previous QtCreator
releases.

Best regards,

--
Francois