[Qt-creator] Kit-Device relation

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at digia.com
Thu Nov 15 13:21:20 CET 2012

Hi Typez!

On 14.11.2012 13:29, Typz wrote:
> Another aspect of this issue is that it is not possible to specify the
> server when initiating 'remote debug' (through the "Attach to remote
> debug server..." action).

You can set up a device you can not connect to via SSH. The test will
fail, but you are free to ignore that.

The server port can be specified in the "Attach to remote debug server",
so you should be set.

> The only possibility is to create a kit for this purpose only, which is
> not appropriate IMHO. Especially for embedded projects, i usually
> connect to systems which do not have SSH, so I cannot even setup a
> generic target: the solution with earlier versions was to manually
> attach to remote gdb server, but this is not working anymore with 2.6.

It is: The debugger will use the IP configuration of the device anyway.

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius