[Qt-creator] Configuration changes

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Wed Oct 10 09:10:50 CEST 2012

On 9 Oct 2012, at 16:10, Harri Pasanen <harri at mpaja.com> wrote:

>> True, you can create your own models, specifying pixel size/dpi etc. of a certain device.
>>
>> That will help you in case you use no native components or such and all your visual items are generic.

>> The Qt Simulator has never been part of Qt Creator, those are two different products with separate roadmaps. The Qt SDK bundled specific versions of the two together so that the developer gets a comprehensive package.
>>

> Well, is the plumbing dropped then?   Is it documented in case somebody
> steps up to pick up the pieces?

I don't think there is any plumbing. The "Qt Simulator" was already before just a special Qt version that did all the magic (like simulator startup etc) all by itself. We did have a special "target" for Qt simulator, but since we don't have targets anymore anyhow, that plumbing (that didn't do anything except forcing the simulator Qt version afair) is gone for good.
I *think* the Qt simulator would still just work when you define a Kit that uses the simulator Qt version.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius