[Qt-creator] Creator 2.7.0 build on Mac 10.8.3 won't launch

Israel Brewster israel at eraalaska.net
Tue Apr 23 00:46:13 CEST 2013

After a clean reinstall of my OS for reasons not related, I did a fresh source build of Qt 5.0.2, followed by a build of Qt Creator 2.7.0. Both builds (apparently, at least) ran without error. Upon trying to launch Qt Creator, however, it immediately exits. The only clue I have found so far is a solitary entry in the console log saying "com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[157] ([0x0-0x20b20b].org.qt-project.qtcreator[78344]) <Error>: Exited with code: 1" No crash report is generated, which (to me) would make sense given that it is exiting "cleanly", just with an error code.

The only potentially relevant reference I can find to exit(1) is in the file src/tools/qmlprofilertool/qmlprofilerapplication.cpp, line 249, where it tries to start what appears to be something called  "-qmljsdebugger". It looks like it's supposed to log the error to stderr, but if this is in fact where it is exiting I'm not seeing that happening.

Any tips on where to look to figure this out would be appreciated. Incidentally, a seemingly identical build on a different machine (that does not have a clean install of the OS, and as such doubtless has numerous third-party/different versions of libraries installed) did work. It's just this clean machine that it is not working on.

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician II
Era Alaska
5245 Airport Industrial Rd