[Qt-creator] Creator 2.7.0 build on Mac 10.8.3 won't launch

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Tue Apr 23 09:58:42 CEST 2013

On 23.04.2013, at 00:46, Israel Brewster <israel at eraalaska.net> wrote:

> After a clean reinstall of my OS for reasons not related, I did a fresh source build of Qt 5.0.2, followed by a build of Qt Creator 2.7.0. Both builds (apparently, at least) ran without error. Upon trying to launch Qt Creator, however, it immediately exits. The only clue I have found so far is a solitary entry in the console log saying "com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[157] ([0x0-0x20b20b].org.qt-project.qtcreator[78344]) <Error>: Exited with code: 1" No crash report is generated, which (to me) would make sense given that it is exiting "cleanly", just with an error code.
>
> The only potentially relevant reference I can find to exit(1) is in the file src/tools/qmlprofilertool/qmlprofilerapplication.cpp, line 249, where it tries to start what appears to be something called  "-qmljsdebugger". It looks like it's supposed to log the error to stderr, but if this is in fact where it is exiting I'm not seeing that happening.

The stuff in src/tools/ are standalone tools separate from Qt Creator, so not related.

Qt Creator exits with code 1 if it cannot find its "Core" plugin (though it also should print a message). How did you try to build Qt Creator? (qmake build should work, the qbs build in 2.7 is known to be broken on Mac OS).
Basically "Qt Creator.app/Contents/PlugIns/QtProject/" should contain files like "Core.pluginspec" (and corresponding libraries).

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius