[Qt-creator] BareMetal Target Plugin

Tim Sander tim at krieglstein.org
Wed Aug 14 12:11:41 CEST 2013

Hi Daniel
Am Mittwoch, 14. August 2013, 11:44:44 schrieb Daniel Teske:

> > > No idea.
> >
> > Somehow i changed s.th. in the baremetal.pluginspec and after a rebuild
> > the double entries where gone.

> > > That's correct if you are using .pro files you need a qt version, as
> > > those need a qmake (and various auxilary files).
> >
> > Yes, but if i am cross building i can have a local qmake and a target
> > without qt and i can build the binary for the target without qt on target
> > with a local qmake as build system. So if you have a qmake project with
> > "config -= qt" there is no reason to grey out that widget if no qt version
> > is set.
>
> You'll need at least the mkspec/default, mkspec/*.pri and mkspec/features
> (and for qt5 mkspec/modules) for qmake to work.
>
> The only additional requirement Creator has are that the directories
> returned by qmake -query QT_HOST_BINS and qmake -query QT_INSTALL_HEADERS
> have to exist. Those are to catch qt installations that are incomplete,
> which does happen from time to time.
While the above is surely correct, its not the point i am talking about, so
just to be sure i just try to start again:

If i may deploy for a remote linux target which unfortunatly has no QT
installed. I have a working qt installation and a working qmake (otherwise the
project build with qmake would fail earlier). This is used to make a cross
build without QT for the target. Currently all pieces in qtcreator are there
but it can't be configured as the selection dialog is greyed out in the project
configuration because the kit has no qt assigned. As qmake is used as a build
tool with "config -= qt" there is no qt needed on the target device and so it
should not be greyed out in this special case.

Best regards
Tim