[Qt-creator] BareMetal Target Plugin

Jeandet alexis alexis.jeandet at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Wed Aug 14 14:12:49 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm interested in what you call a bare metal target, do you mean
something like arm(CortexMx) or sparc target?
I started something similar, but it's just background work.

Le 14/08/2013 13:16, Daniel Teske a écrit :
> On Wednesday 14 Aug 2013 13:00:15 you wrote:
>> Daniel wrote:
>>> But you still need to tell creator which qmake you want to use, which is
>>> done via the qt version. That does not in any way affect whether the
>>> resulting executable depends on qt.
>> The problem is that just pointing to a qmake binary is not enough as
>> Creator runs a couple of sanity checks to ensure the associated Qt build
>> is "usable". This is simply "too much" in this particular case.
> The ony requirements are, and I repeat myself here:
> - Various files in the mkspec directory, those are needed by qmake.
> - That the bin directory exists (which given that the qmake binary is in it is
> a rather easy requirement.
> - That the include directory exists, but that can be empty. That is the only
> one that is in addtion to what would work on the command line. We check that
> directory, since it is quite common for those who compile qt from source to
> not do a -prefix . build / not install.
>
>> It is possible to trick Creator into believing that "all is well" by
>> creating a dummy libQtCore.so matching the target architecture and copying
>> parts of a real Qt's mkspec directory, but that's clearly a hack.
If here you mean a custom qmake version, I did it in a dirty way by
compiling a Qt sdk with qmake and after I replaced all mkspec files and
Qt libraries by my files. It works "perfectly" with QtCreator from 2.6
to 2.8.
I can send you a Linux example if you want.
If somebody knows how to build qmake without the SDK I'm interested. And
also if it could be possible to configure the qt path outside of qmake
binary, something like a conf file or even qmake could get it's current
path and
use it as qt path, it would make custom SDK distribution easier.