[Qt-creator] Remote Linux plugin and CMake

Daniel Teske daniel.teske at digia.com
Thu Aug 22 12:11:25 CEST 2013

> > Maybe the solution is to simply support both. List of files for some
> > cases, 'make install' for other. User selects. Or can be determined
> > by the presence of the 'CMakeDeployment.txt'. Or something like that.

I don't want to maintain multiple ways. That's beyond what I consider
reasonable effort for the benefit. (Others can disagree and volunteer.) I want
one solution.

I'm pretty confident that all 3 solutions I did suggest are implementable and
don't take unreasonable effort.

The purpose of the mail though wasn't so much to discuss how to implement
that.

I want to know how many people want such a feature. And secondly how they
would want Creator to integrate with their cmake project.

daniel