[Qt-creator] New design

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 09:19:12 CEST 2013

On Aug 29, 2013 7:17 PM, "Elias Steurer"
> I have created a new design for the Qt Creator. For now its “only” raw
design made in Photoshop and of course only my very first sketches.  The
style of the Editor is dark and therefore comfortable to work especially in
the night ;). Please provide me useful feedback so I can improve my
concepts.

Hey, cool, pretty pictures to stare at:-)

> http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2255/y20l.png

Black is the new green:-) I would not be surprised if our designers will
want to have the welcome page match the overall Qt theme better than what
you propose.

I like the mode icons. I am no fan of the rotated text in the mode bar
though.

Did you leave out the run, debug  and build buttons on purpose? Everybody I
speak to seems to appreciate those.

Where is the progress bar? The one that is in the bottom right corner right
now?

The target selector is pretty useful, too , and I can not find that either.

Finally I prefer the old location for the locator... but maybe that is just
because I am used to that. Plus the top a area tends to be rather crowded.

> http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2029/0pfl.png

No tabs, please. They are a waste of space.

That space is better used for the management functionality (split windows,
code navigation, etc.) that we currently have imho.

What do you want to do with the sidebar?

Best regards,
Tobias