[Qt-creator] New design

Poenitz Andre Andre.Poenitz at digia.com
Fri Aug 30 10:40:35 CEST 2013

Mitch Curtis wrote:
> Elias Steurer wrote:
> > I have created a new design for the Qt Creator [...]
> > http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2255/y20l.png
> > http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2029/0pfl.png
> > Qt-creator mailing list
> > Qt-creator at qt-project.org
>
> Looks nice for the most part. :) I'm all in favour of a completely dark
> Creator.

Before the discussion of details starts, let me point out the limits of
what could be done theoretically:

(a) http://qt-project.org/wiki/Releases: 3.0 Freeze wk39 (~Oct 01 2013)
i.e. the _implementation_ has do be done by that time. Not necessarily
pixel-by-pixel, but all functional changes must be there.

(b) http://qt-project.org/wiki/Releases: 3.0 Soft string freeze wk41 (~Oct 15)
all user visible strings "done"

(c) offering a "dark" scheme as part a choice of "dark" and "light"
scheme is ok, only "dark" is not acceptable.

(d) significant changes (UI elements that are completely dropped,
functionality that's no more or harder accessible, new UI elements
that take a lot of space) should get agreed upon here.

(e) documentation has to be updated as part of the implementation.

Andre'

[PS: I'll try my best to stay away from the remaining discussion of design
details, I trust there are enough people with strong opinions pixel-wise,
and just wait for patches to show up on gerrit.]