[Qt-creator] BareMetal Target Plugin Configuration

Jeandet Alexis alexis.jeandet at member.fsf.org
Fri Dec 20 20:59:36 CET 2013

Hello,

We discuss a little about your plugin on the Qt mailing list, first your
plugin a very good feature for Qtcreator.
I tried to look how to use it, I started with this help:
http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qtcreator-3.0/creator-developing-baremetal.html

But few things are unclear to me, is this version allowing me to debug
(step by step and breakpoint) my code? If yes I don't understand what
are all the fields for the configuration:

For the device I use the same as you (localhost same port ...)

But for for the kit I have my own qt kit for STM32F4 which works. I just
set the debugger to arm-none-eabi-gdb.

Then for the run settings I really don't understand. In my case use
st-util -p 3333 on linux to start a gdb server, if I put this as custom
executable, on run it load the code on the target but on debug it says
that /usr/bin/st-util: not in executable format...

Do you have any idea of what I did wrong?

best regards,
Alexis.