[Qt-creator] [Fwd: Re: BareMetal Target Plugin Configuration]

Tim Sander tim at krieglstein.org
Fri Dec 27 23:41:36 CET 2013

Hi Freddie
> First of all - thanks for the link to your file(s) - I'll check that out
> soon - and thanks for your message!
>
> W dniu 2013-12-27 14:47, Jeandet Alexis pisze:
> > In my understanding the run setting is the place you start your gdb
> > server with all the options (gdb port address), a good feature could be
> > to add it automatically from a wizard or the Bare metal plugin.
Well in this case the server is not managed from within QtCreator but it would
be nice if it would be that way. So you have to start openocd yourself.

> The question I have is - how do you configure/start debugging? Because
> the settings of the kit (GDB port and address, "monitor reset halt" and
> "load") for now seem to be completely useless to me, so I'm sure that
> I'm missing something here... If I start debugging with "connect to
> remote gdb server" I have to input the settings again and probably use
> gdb_init script to actually flash and reset the chip. If I try to start
> debugging with "run" it obviously doesn't work, because Qt Creator tries
> to "exec" the .elf file on my PC... Maybe that's because I use really
> basic project with Makefile (created as "import existing project")?
>
> Maybe someone could post screenshots of the place you configure the
> debugger (but not just the arm-none-eabi-gdb executable in global
> options of Qt Creator), because all the descriptions I've seen so far
> semm verbose in the easy part and when things get harder there's just a
> single sentence... Or some template configured project (I don't know if
> you can export that easily) would also be great! The exact model of
> target chip does not matter.
>
> Thanks for all your help!
I have the suspicion that you are using a different project than the one i
tested. I used qmake and qbs based builds for testing i am not sure if other
build systems work but if you have some project for me to test i could take a
look. From looking at the source i am pretty sure that cmake does not work
where the reason lies within the cmake plugin of qtcreator.

Best regards
Tim